Monday, October 24, 2011

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Bowerbird

Continuing the spotlight on this year's One Night Stand at The Ole Miss Motel,today I bring you Bowerbird. Clever, clever ladies. 


Names:  Bowerbird: Laura and Kate Roebuck
Where: Living in Oxford, MS and Chattanooga, TN
Medium: Painting, Drawing, Sewing, Printing, a little bit of everything
What: Our Bug Collection
Song that describes your work: Bugs by Pearl Jam.
"I got bugs
I got bugs in my room
Bugs in my bed
Bugs in my ears
Their eggs in my head
Bugs in my pockets
Bugs in my shoes
Bugs in the way I feel about you...

And now the questions:
Do I kill them?
Become their friend?
Do I eat them?
Raw or well done?
Do I trick them?
I don't think they're that dumb
Do I join them?
Looks like that's the one."

This year's show is next Saturday, October 29th. Please email motel.artshow@gmail.com for any questions. Thanks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment