Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Make Me A Linked Mixtape: Number Four

Wow! It's been far too long since I made one of these.... The holidays really put Afterschool Oxford on hold in more areas than I'd like to admit. But enough of the chatter... Let's get to it.


For those of you new to Afterschool Oxford, Make Me A Linked Mixtape is where, once a week, I give you links to older music that you may or may not have heard in the past, still influencing music today. Mostly from the 90's and early 00's and mostly from the underground indie rock/ punk rock genre.  Some songs are from records in the last few years, but by bands that have been around for much longer than that, for example Yo La Tengo. The song I put in the mix today is from 2006, but the band has been making beautiful music since 1984.


Linked Mixtape Number Four:
1. Boys Life
2. My Bloody Valentine
3. Moss Icon
4. Allen Clapp
5. Mineral
6. Texas Is The Reason
7.  Yo La Tengo
8. The Swirlies
9. Unrest
10. Her Space Holiday

Let me know what you think.... find some new music that you like and what to hear more of?

No comments:

Post a Comment