Sunday, December 12, 2010

From my kitchen...

So, in the last few weeks, I've made a lot of mini food. Mini pies. Mini quiches. Mini cheesecakes. And so on....It's more fun to try several desserts rather than commit to just one. Mini is the way to go.
I just kind of made up some of the recipes or changed them to my own taste.
From the reaction of those that tried the final product, success!

Here is my favorite so far. I'd love to hear how your mini creation turned out, should you try any of these ideas....

Mini Quiches:
This is just what I put into them. You can change out for your choice of fillings.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
3 eggs
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more or less if you want)
Some buttermilk powder (I put about 1 Tablespoon I think)
5 slices bacon, chopped
Spinach, chopped
A little onion, chopped
Touch of salt

Mix really well together ; pour into mini phyllo shells
Put into oven for 10- 15 mins.
And serve.
Super quick and yummy!!

Filling ideas:
Crab and Goat cheese
Broccoli and Smoked Cheddar
Spinach and Feta
Ham and Gouda
** I haven't tried these other fillings, just items I think would pair well together.
Let me know if they work well together.






No comments:

Post a Comment